Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My Letter to Stephenie Meyer

This letter has been brewing in my mind for the last week, and since Stephenie doesn't read fanmail anymore, I decided to publish it here. Who knows, maybe she'll read it someday.....

Dear Ms. Meyer,

I don't usually do this. In fact, I have never done this before, but somehow I feel compelled to write you a letter.

I came across you in a very intersting way. When I was living in Fiji last year, I was checking my friend's myspace site when I noticed her headline read "Where's my Edward Cullen?". Being intrigued, I read that he was a character in you book Twilight. Being an avid reader myself, I decided to go to your website and get the scoop on why my friend would have that strange headline. There I found information on you series "Twilight". As I read, I saw that there was a PDF file for the first chapter of "Midnight Sun". That was my first taste of the wonderful fantasy world that you created with Bella and Edward. From that moment, I couldn't wait to get a hold of your series and read it.

Now, let me get to the point. And it's not to beg you to finish "Midnight Sun" but to say how sorry I am about how your rights were violated like that with it's illegal publication on the internet. I really don't even have words to express how truly sorry I feel about the whole thing.

Finally, I just wanted to say "thank you". I haven't enjoyed a book or a series as much as Twilight, ever. You even inspired me to read "Wuthering Heights" and that is a great accomplishment, because I loathe the Bronte sisters ( I am more of a Jane Austen girl). You have definitely grabbed my attention, and have earned a permanent place on my bookshelves.

Sincerely,

Katrina

No comments: