Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Results of Week two... Beginning of Week 3

Okay, I will count this week as a success, even though, it was only a little over a half of a pound that I lost. I was a little surprised at first, as I walked almost 3 miles everyday last week, but then, I remembered a few encounters with some sugar cookies and pizza, and decided I should be grateful that I lost anything, and didn't gain it back.

So that's my biggest downfall. My husband would agree, is sweets and pizza. I have a hard time saying "no" to those indulgences. And frighteningly, I am going to visit family this weekend and I'm nervous because I always eat too much when I am with my family. The car ride over will be a challenge too, but I decided to BE PREPARED and am going to take along apples and tangerines that are easy enough to eat and are definitely healthier than my daughters snacks which are Cheetos, goldfish, and mother's cookies.

I've also encountered a potentially difficult hurdle to overcome starting this week, and that has to do with the weather. I tried to exercise outside by walking my son in a stroller, but inside the house, he isn't as easily distracted and is constantly crawling on me or hanging on my legs or crying to be picked up when I work out to exercise videos. Which brings me to a little annoyance that I have discovered. I have been at the mercy of "exercise TV" on demand because my stuff still hasn't arrived from Fiji, and I hate the selection that they have. So... even though I do a video (or as much as I can of it) I feel annoyed and want it to end, because I can't stand the video or the trainer etc.

So it seems like week three I have quite a few hurdles to overcome, I know they aren't impossible, but when I face all of them together, they sure look daunting.

Here's the update:
Beginning Weight 196.4
Today's Weight: 194.0, weight loss: -0.6 total weight loss: 2.4
Week 3/6 Beginning 10/7/2008
Goal: 10 pounds. minus week 1&2 loss = 7.6 pounds to GOAL

2 comments:

DeAnne said...

yoU GO GIRL!

Sheena said...

Ok, I'm officially inspired. You know what kills me? I pretty much know all the good healthy habits and things that are proven to improve my body and health but somehow I always seem to just "let it slide" when it counts the most. Holiday season coming up...yikes.