Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The funeral singer

Tomorrow I am singing at a funeral. Yeah, I know, funerals are downers, and singing at them is no pleasure either. Luckily, though, I don't even know the person's name that the funeral is for, so I have no emotional ties that might make singing more difficult for me.
Sometimes I feel kinda like the "wedding singer" because it seems like the only time I sing anymore is in church, at a wedding or a funeral. Lately, I have really been aching for some "real" singing. Something more substantial, perhaps in a foreign language, written by somone who died 200 years ago. Or singing with a really good choir, a choir that can read music and are a bunch of nerds, and all they do is talk about music and opera and sing.
Oh well, at least I can dream about it...

No comments: