Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Are you serious?

Ever heard the cliche "the scale never lies" well, I was dreading stepping on the wretched thing this morning because admittedly, I "fell off the wagon" last week while visiting family. It was horrible. I will just list for you some of the contraband I inhaled last week. Donuts, sugary cereal, pizza, taco time, fried chicken fingers, french fries, cake and ice cream, mozzarella sticks, sugar cookies, potato salad, sweet and sour meatballs etc etc. So as you can imagine, I was almost thinking about giving myself a "pass" this week on the scale, as there was no hope to have lost any weight. But my curiosity got the better of me, and I decided to do it. Of course, I was thinking, I have to strip down to the G's (even though I normally weigh myself with my pajamas on) and stepped on the scale. I was shocked. the number was way too good for even my low expectations. So I put the PJ's back on and jumped back on the scale. Twice. Just to make sure I was seeing right. It was still a loss. Not much of one, but at least not a gain.

Now, I know that I need to step my game up a bit if I am going to reach my goal, in fact I have to lose over 2 pounds a week from now on. I can do it, but have to concentrate a little more, and not visit any family until after the fact, so I can stay out of temptation.

Here's the synopsis:
Beginning Weight 196.4
Today's Weight: 193.4, weight loss: -0.6
total weight loss: 3
Week 4/6 beginning 10/14/2008
Goal: 10 pounds. minus week 1,2&3 loss = 7.0 pounds to GOAL

No comments: