Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I am a blogger slacker

Its been a while that I've sent something out into "bloggerspace" but I thought I would try to get something out there.
So for the first time ever I became one with the crazy masses and waited in lines the day after Thanksgiving, in what is now known as "Black Friday". I actually had a great time hanging out with my sisters and mom. We got pretty much everything that we wanted to get and strategized and had "master lists" for everyone to refer to. We split up, my Mom and sister-in-law took on Walmart, and Heather, Katie and I took on Shopko, Target, and Bath and Body Works. We then took a short reek and had breakfast to get up some more energy and then continued on shopping for another couple hours. I had lots of fun hanging out with my sisters. On a not so related note, it's amazing to me how when I was younger, I didn't really like doing things with my sisters, or we were fighting, or disagreeing about what mom should make for dinner etc etc, but now as adults, it is a relationship I cherish, and it means more to me to get a phone call or an email from my sisters than just about anybody else. Maybe its because we have so much history together, and that I don't have to explain myself or my decisions, or that they instinctively know what I would prefer or that we can make fun of each other for all the silly things we used to do as teenagers. I don't know, but I do know that I love my sisters, and its great to be so close to them again, and be able to do fun things together like shopping or going to a movie or to dinner or whatever.
And its not so easy to make good friends when your older, especially if you move frequently. Or maybe its just me. But I find that i have a hard time relating to some of the woman my age or that I just am not that willing to use up my energy trying to make someone my "best friend". I like having history with a person, knowing where they came from, a little bit about their family and all that. For the most part, I feel like all the woman I know who are my age and that I have only recently met, that the "friendship" that we have is superficial, or based solely on the fact that we have children of similar ages. It might also have to do with the fact that all our conversations center around our children. And, if I found someone that I wanted to actually hang out with on a more social basis, possibly without children, how do you go about that... what do you say? Would you like to go to the movies sometime? It sounds like being 16 again.
Wow... were did all that come from? Don't know why I decided to put that out there, but I'm too lazy to go back and erase any of it, so there it is....

1 comment:

browerfamily said...

you're so funny Trina. I like to ramble sometimes too. I even got a little teary-eyed when you were talking about sisters...ditto. Love you