Saturday, February 21, 2009

You know you don't blog enough when....

Your dad calls you on the phone and asks "When are you going to update your blog".
I don't know, I sometimes feel like my blog should be some earth-shattering profound thing, instead of what it is, a mundane housewife's catolog of events. For instance,do any of you really want to read about all the runny noses I've been wiping this past week? Or that I am a total cranky pants when I don't get enough sleep and become the grumpy witch of the Northwest? Which I was all week because my kids weren't sleeping well, and when they aren't sleeping well... my nose grows a wart and my face turns green... HEHEHEHEHE!
But anyways, all of you will be relieved to know that I am no longer Mrs. Cranky Pants, and have returned back to normal just in time to start PMSing next week. My husband will be SOOOO excited. Have I just crossed a line? TMI? Probably not, becuase I think my only readers are family, so they would hear this from me anyway.
Do you know what's been annoying/disturbing me lately? It's the fact that my son keeps being mistaken for a girl. PEOPLE, he has long lashes and messy hair, what's girlish about that? Please, may I make a request that all of you out there who comment on a poor defenseless stranger's child, to pause and take a moment to determine what kind of clothing the child is wearing and make an educated guess on the child's sex. If it is too close to call, say something that is fitting for any sex, like "What a beautiful baby, what is the baby's name?" Yes, that works, please use it and stop being a frustration to all the mother's out there who are now developing a complex that their children might suffer this oversight all their lives.
Good news though, while I was at Costco buying diapers and wipes in mass quantities, and sitting down at the food court to console my spending in a sausage and diet coke for $1.50, a childless couple was admiring Gabe (with the kind, but oh so WRONG comment of "What a beautiful baby girl") and Jada, so we started chatting, and they were totally awesome! We ended up exchanging telephone numbers and names on the back of our Costco receipts (because you can't leave the store without them) with talk of calling. I would really like to call, but I have never done this before. What should I say? I would love to get to know them better, but I feel that my humble home and children might overwhelm them in concentrated doses, and I don't want them to think I am a moocher or something. How would you go about this? I should have gotten their email.... email is so less threatening nowadays than a phone conversation. It's more easily ignored... or facebook is even better.... Geesh, I wish I would have thought about this then, then they could more easily avoid me if they were just being polite at Costco.
I would like to make an Official Announcement. As of today, I am wearing some of my pre-Gabe clothes. First time in like two years. I am out of fashion, but I am just so ecstatic to not have to wear oversized sweatshirts and exercise pants with an elastic band that I will shout it from the rooftops. When I first started this blog, I was tracking my weight-loss and was getting pretty embarrassed when the numbers stopped going down, so I quit and avoided it, but at the end of last year as I was pondering my goals for the near and far future, one of them was first in my mind, to get my act together and lose weight and be healthy. That also meant that I had to admit to myself that I couldn't do it alone, and so I reverted to my one and only successful weightloss and started doing Weight Watchers again. Well, you might wonder, how can weight watchers be that helpful, if this is my second time around doing it? Well, in it's defense I moved to a country where they had no WW, and one of the 4 main strategies of losing weight with their program is to attend the meetings every week. Then a miscarriage and a full-term pregnancy later, I had gained back most of the weight I lost (but in defense of myself, when I moved to Fiji, before I was prego with Gabe, I was pretty successful in maintaing my weightloss, so I really am saying I am blaming my over-indulgence while being pregnant with Gabe). So there you have it folks. All of 2008, I was struggling with losing the weight myself. Only, that doesn't seem to work for me. I need a "map" and not just an idea of how to get there. I need something that works for me. It's kind of like a math equation, we all know that 2+2=4 and so we know that exercise and eating right= weightloss, but just as 1+3=4 and 5-1=4 there's lots of paths to get there, you just have to know which one is working best in the situation your in. So there you have it. I am somebody who needs "help" and needs to be accountable to a nameless face in an undescript building to motivate myself to do what I need to do each week, and lose the lbs!
Well, I better get moving my family is having a meltdown without me!
Until next time....

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It's your blog and you can say whatever the heck you want. I need to lose weight too, I've gained back the weight I lost and it's depressing when I was once super happy that I was wearing clothes I haven't worn for a while and a few months later, they no longer fit. ANYWAY, I'm so happy that YOU can fit in your pre-Gabe days! Whoo hoo!! I would love to do the whole Weight Watchers thing but alas, no extra money. Any tips for a fat, poor mom? ;D

Keep up the good work!

Crystyne said...

You could always get a ton of blue shirts and have "I AM A BOY" printed on them, then have Gabe wear one whenever you go out. Maybe that would slove the problem. Well, on secound thought, probably not, you'll either get someone who can't read, or you'll get someonewho obviously is not very observant anyways and won't read the shirt.

I think you should call the people you met at Costco. I just met someone when we moved and I had some insecurities, wondering what she would think of me. Well, I got over it and invited her over one day, we got to talking and she had all the same insecurities I did.

Anyways, sorry for the novel....glad you are doing well.

Katrina said...

Carol- I have know idea how to do it without help... that's why i had to join weightwatchers. I kept yo-yo-ing back and forth when I was trying to do it alone. And I totally understand about the no money to spare, because I feelthat way too, only, i just decided in the long run i'll be saving money because of all the health benefits of losing weight.. Right??? it should keep me from diabetes and high cholestorol and all that jazz... For now though, I find about half my plate is filled with veggies nowadays. ;)

Sheena said...

hey trina...ok, I read your blog so I must be considered family. I like that idea. haha, anyway I think you should call that cute couple. You guys are the coolest family and I'm sure they'd love to at least get together for dinner or something. spread the love!